Ordering from the Roscoff Culture Collection
Ordering from the RCC is simple but please read the following instructions very carefully - there are often problems/delays because users have not carefully read the instructions.
We DO NOT provide individual price quotes ("devis" en français). During the on-line ordering procedure on the web site, a pro-forma invoice will be generated in pdf format with all costs indicated. You can use this document for your adminstration to place a purchase order ("bon de commande" en français).
- Register for a new RCC account or sign in to an existing account. Creation of an RCC account is totally free.
- Please see the services offered and prices
2. Selecting the strains and placing the order on the web site
- Every distributable strain can be added to your order using the "Add to Cart" button on the strain page.
- Some of the strains listed as "non-distributed" can potentially be distributed under certain circumstances (see below).
- Once you have added strains to your cart you can proceed to checkout.
- Once the order is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and a proforma pdf invoice summarizing the order.
3. Finalizing the order
- Add a digital signature to the invoice pdf (or print, sign and scan it).
- Send as an attachment by e-mail to the RCC (email@example.com) :
- the scanned invoice with your signature;
- the SU customer form (only if you order from us for the first time).
4. Order processing by RCC staff and shipping of cultures
- Please note that we will not ship the cultures until we have received the signed forms by e-mail.
- An RCC Curator will then contact you by e-mail to confirm your order and to arrange shipment.
- It takes in general about 2 weeks to prepare the cultures from our stocks.
- If the culture is only kept as a cryopreserved stock, culture preparation (thawing/regrowth) will take 3 to 5 weeks. On the web site we indicate alternative strains (same species, same or similar sampling location) for strains that are only cryopreserved.
- We will send a proforma invoice with the shipment to facilitate passage through customs in your country. This profoma invoice is the only document that we can supply. If cultures are blocked or delayed in customs, we will not resend the cultures free of charge since it is your responsability to arrange transfer through customs.
- Once you have received the cultures, Sorbonne Université will send you an invoice (in French).
- Please see here for a translation of the invoice.
- Payment to Sorbonne Université is by bank transfer only (credit card payment is not yet possible).
- Please note that unfortunately the adminstration of Sorbonne Université is rather slow and it may take 2 to 3 months for them to send the final invoice.
- Please do not transfer any money before you receive the bill from Sorbonne Université.
In general, we do not distribute :
- strains that originate from other collections. If you need strains from other collections, please order directly from the original collections;
- mixed strains (for example strains contaminated by heterotrophic flagellates);
- uncharacterized strains;
- strains that are in the process of being characterized or described by RCC staff;
- strains that have been deposited in the RCC by researchers who request restriction on distribution until they have published on the strains (e.g. new species).
If you are interested in obtaining these strains, this will be through a special collaboration arrangement. Please contact us if you are interested in non-distributed strains.